The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) - Information Technology (IT) – Business Services Department (BSD) - Risk Management & Best Banking Practice Division (RB) – Data Warehouse & Reporting (DW&R), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
DATA WAREHOUSE ANALYSTS / (SENIOR) OFFICERS
(1 senior position at Grade 5/6 open to full time - 2 associate positions at Grade 4/5 open to part-time / full-time positions)
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning-mid March
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Data Warehouse Officers will maintain and further develop the Enterprise Data Warehouse. They will actively work on the redesign of the existing solution in order for it to become fully compliant with the latest banking regulation standards and best practices.
Position #1: The Data Warehouse Technical Coordinator (senior position, internally referred as “(Senior) Officer IT Applications” will maintain and further develop the Enterprise Data Warehouse. S/he will also align the Data Warehouse architecture, governance and developments to the latest banking regulations standards: BCBS239, CRD IV and CRR. The position entails coaching and providing technical expertise advice to project team members
Position #2: The Data Warehouse Solution Designer (associate position, internally referred as “Analyst/Officer IT Applications”) will define and organize EIB data within the Enterprise Data Warehouse. S/he will be accountable for the alignment of the model with the highest banking standards and will ensure its implementation in cooperation with the development team.
Position #3: The ETL Specialist (associate position, internally referred as “Analyst/Officer IT Applications”) will design, develop, optimize and maintain the ETL extractions. S/he will actively work on the redesign of the existing solution and be accountable of the alignment between ETL developments, industry best practices and latest banking regulation standards.
The job holders will report directly to the Head of the Data Warehouse & Reporting Unit and whenever required directly to the Head of the Risk Management and Best Banking Practice Division.
Externally, s/he will deal on a daily basis with key external parties (software vendors, providers of outsourced services, peer groups) in order to optimise service levels and to stay abreast of best practice. Internally, s/he will cooperate with counterparties from all directorates using the Data Warehouse.
The Data Warehouse Analysts / (Senior) Officers will be responsible for:
- Organising, structuring and leading complex business requirement analysis; producing business cases to propose the best possible IT solution while remaining cost effective for the Bank
- Leading IT projects under own responsibility and ensuring their delivery within the planned time, scope and budget by anticipating issues and taking mitigation actions
- Building and maintaining ETL jobs / data models according to best practices
- Providing timely support services to end-users, which includes issues resolution, system performance improvements and expert advice
- Writing up the project documentation such as project charter, functional design, test scripts, progress report; reviewing all technical deliverables to meet qualitative objectives
- Coordinating internal and external resources and managing the related procurement aspects
- Reporting accurate, meaningful and timely project status to all involved parties, escalating issues as necessary
- Ensuring that the Enterprise Data Warehouse is in line with the IT policies and that qualitative and quantitative objectives are achieved
Specific for post #1
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the Data Warehouse designs and developments with regards to banking regulation standards and taking the necessary corrective actions.
Specific for post #2
- Maintaining the documentation of the Data Warehouse physical data model
- Building and maintaining KPI’s to measure our degree of compliance with regards to banking regulation standards.
- University degree in Information Technology or related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in the design, development and maintenance of a Data Warehouse in a financial environment
- Excellent knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices
- Strong technical knowledge of ETL tools (such as IBM Infosphere Datastage, Oracle ODB, Informatica) and SAP Business Objects Suite or equivalent reporting tools
- Good knowledge of database management systems (Sybase ASE & IQ, Oracle)
- Good understanding of the Bank’s business activities including operational processes and procedures in place in the various services of the EIB
- Excellent knowledge of English and French(*), with a good knowledge of the other.
Specific for position #1
- At least 5 years of experience in the design, development, and maintenance of a data warehouse in a financial environment
- Proven experience in implementing data governance policies and banking regulation standards.
- Experience in the supervision of development teams
Specific for position #2
- Proven experience in the design of financial data models
- Good understanding of financial instruments
EIB core competencies
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Deadline for applications: 11th February 2018
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability