The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services - Information Technology Directorate (CS/IT), Business Services Department (BSD) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Head of Enterprise Applications Division (EA)
These is a full time position at grade 7
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Candidates should take note that Assessment Center’s will take place end of March/early April
The Head of Enterprise Applications Division (EA) will develop and manage the Enterprise Applications Division’s activities within the IT/Business Services Department. The role involves proposing strategies, promoting an effective partnership with business users, and ensuring the management of projects, maintenance and production around banking packages in the areas of Treasury, Borrowings, Loans, Collateral Management, Settlements, Payments and Market Data. The Division is comprised of approximately 15 internal staff and 15-20 external consultants, in 3 units.
Reports to the BSD Head of Department and cooperates closely with Business users involved in IT projects and activities, as well as Heads of Divisions within IT, Heads of Departments and Senior Management within the EIB.
- Develop and propose strategies and policies as well as elaborate the architecture and future evolution for business applications in relevant areas with regard to the short, medium and long-term in order to ensure that the systems are in line with business requirements while remaining cost effective for the Bank.
- Establish relationships with the main business users and IT actors
- Establish and manage the resources and work programmes in the areas under responsibility in line with the agreed strategies for the coming years
- Ensure that staff within the division have the right competencies, objectives, skills and motivation in order to realise the formulated IT strategies, in particular business analysis and project management as well as more general technical skills.
- Coordinate, supervise and intervene whenever necessary in the execution of key IT processes related to project management and day to day activities in the areas under responsibility in order to ensure optimum efficiency and level of customer satisfaction
- Provide specific advice and recommendations either in terms of enterprise applications or finance and lending specific applications and software development within the Bank to ensure applications are conceived, delivered and managed in line with EIB requirements and IT standards and methodologies.
- Full University degree, preferably in computer science
- A degree or certificate in banking or finance would be an advantage
- Project Management Certification, either Prince2 or PMP/PMI would be an advantage
- 10 years of experience in the management of projects and applications in production, in a mixed IT / Finance environment
- 5 years’ experience in managing teams of at least of 20 staff members
- 5 years’ experience with Banking / Trading / Treasury / Front-Back packages (such as ION WallStreet Suite, FIS/Sungard Apex, FrontArena, Murex, Calypso, Misys, Summit, Temenos, Sophis)
- Experience in the management of a significant (min 2000 m.d) package implementation or upgrade project
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French would be an advantage
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Excellent people, team, project, budget, contract management skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of methodologies.
- Good knowledge of overall IT architectural design
- Good knowledge of IT services and best practices
- Very good knowledge of banking front/middle/back-office functionalities and technologies
- Very good knowledge of money market, debt/bonds, derivatives, collateral management, settlement, payment and reconciliation platforms, market data
- Good knowledge of package customisation and interfacing techniques, databases
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
- Developing Others: Builds the long-term capability of others by guiding and developing them to make the most of their competence and potential, based on an accurate understanding of their true strengths and development needs.
- Strategic Thinking: Thinks about the long term organisation strategy and how to align to and implement it; comes up with useful new strategic insights.
- Team Leadership: Builds a high performing team, ensuring it is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve organisational objectives, encouraging performance excellence and addressing underperformance when required.
Deadline for applications: 28th February 2018
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.