Do you have experience in day-to-day system administration Functional Services, Database systems (Microsoft SQL Servers and Oracle DBs) supporting the Customer HQs, to include managing the DB Server’s Operating System?
Then please read more about the role below, and apply!
Responsible for day to day System Administration (SA) of all assigned Functional Services, Database systems (Microsoft SQL Servers and Oracle DBs) supporting the Customer HQs, to include managing the DB Server’s Operating System;
Responsible for the System Administration of other Information Exchange and Collaboration Systems (Microsoft Office SharePoint Portals) assigned;
Applies Functional Services and Databases’ patches and makes necessary hardware and software changes to maintained servers;
Responds to Customer Support Centre requests for assistance and takes appropriate actions to troubleshoot, to include giving guidance and assisting personnel on remotely accessed Functional Services;
Assists Head (Functional Services) in coordination with supported HQs Functional Service Managers to ensure supported functions services are providing desired services in a timely, reliable and responsive manner;
Establishes, supervises and executes proper preventive maintenance plans;
Ensures all Configuration Control data is reported to IS Services section in a timely manner;
Provides assistance and technical advice to other staff of the NCI Agency CSU Bydgoszcz for all aspects of systems and services supported by the cell;
Maintains a close liaison with other technicians and engineers in the NCI Agency CSU Bydgoszcz;
Stays abreast of technological developments relevant to the area of work;
Deputizes for higher grade staff;
Performs other duties as may be required.
Vocational training at a higher technical level in a relevant discipline.
- At least 4 years general experience in System Administration of Microsoft Windows Servers;
- Active Directory and Microsoft SQL Databases and Oracle Databases;
- In-depth experience in administration and troubleshooting of the Microsoft Office SharePoint Servers’ farms;
- Broad and sound technical knowledge of IT systems;
- Practical experience in diagnosing deficiencies in networks and associated equipment;
- Working knowledge (configuration and customisation) of the Microsoft Office suite, e-mail clients, Web browsers and Web content management.
- Microsoft certifications (preferably MCDBA or MCSA);
- University degree in a field related to the function of the post;
- Experience of the ITIL Service Management framework;
- Experience in Oracle Database servers;
- Project Management experience;
- System Analysis methodologies;
- Experience in DB design and management;
- Experience in UNIX system administration;
- Experience in supporting systems and applications in virtualized environments;
- Member of a recognized professional body or institution;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities;
May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries
Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language, and therefore a thorough knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of French is desirable.
- Renewal is in the interest of the Agency.
- Staff member's desire to remain with the Agency.
- The financial situation provides sufficient funding for the post held.
- The skills, competencies and behaviours, potential and work experience of the staff, versus the requirements of the Agency's work and/or availability of funding.
- Staff member has served the Agency with performance to the required standard as defined by the Agency,
- Staff member's deployability to operational theatre.