The European Investment Fund (EIF), is seeking to recruit for its Middle, Information & Back Offices/Mandate Division, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Quality Management - Trainee
For a period of five (5) months
The Trainee will be part of the Quality Management and Directorship Services (QMDS) team.
The Quality Management and Directorship Services (QMDS) Unit is in charge of reviewing the quality of the deliverables of all Mandate Services (MS) units, ensuring efficiency of processes. The unit is also in charge of the secretariat of all Incorporated Structures advised by EIF.
The trainee is expected to help the QMDS team with the:
- review of MS processes;
- drafting of the MS operational manual;
- establishment of Key performance Indicators for MS processes;
- continuous maintenance of the mandate database.
Under the supervision of the Head of Unit, s/he will be assigned the following objectives:
- Analyse, test and propose improvements to the existing MS processes, in particular processes applicable to funds-of-funds, such as Cash flow forecasts, Capital calls and Distribution/waterfall processes;
- Contribute to the data completeness in the system to enable a smooth implementation of the above-mentioned processes.
Participation in the drafting and revision of the MS operational manual by the time of the annual revision.
- University degree (or on-going studies at advanced stage) in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, IT, Computer Science, Business or any related subject;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, reconcile and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Knowledge about the financial sector terminology;
- Understanding of EIF´s products;
- Some knowledge and understanding of EIF’s mission and activities and of markets and legal frameworks relevant to EIF business, as well as policies and priorities in that context;
- Prior experience if applicable in audit and/or compliance, preferably with exposure to the banking/finance or fund industry;
- Experience with project management and workflow analysis would be a plus.
- Good drafting and synthesis skills;
- Strong ease with IT applications, in particular advanced knowledge of Excel and data analyses and presentation;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of further EU languages considered an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work productively;
- Demonstrate initiative, capability to work autonomously under given objectives and organise own work effectively even under time pressure.
Deadline for applications: 3 April 2018.