The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) - Information Technology (IT) – IT Security Unit (SEC), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
IT Security Engineer
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years;
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning of/mid July
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
As the IT Security Engineer, you will ensure the implementation and the support of IT security technical and logical controls. You will also monitor and control so that the associated policies and procedures are properly implemented.
The IT Security Engineer is a member of the IT Security Unit and reports to the Head of the Unit.
You will have regular contact with the other IT Engineers, the user community and the Business Owners of the Bank. You will support the internal and external audit teams with regard to the various audits they conduct regularly. You will interact with the others European Institutions security teams as well as with the CERT-EU for all aspects related to IT Security.
The IT Security Engineer will:
- Ensure that IT and Information Security policies and initiatives in own domain are implemented and key operational processes are run in the most effective and efficient way.
- Propose improvements and implement the necessary technical and/or administrative controls, procedures, IT standards, methodologies in own field.
- Operate and maintain IT Security Production systems (most common devices: firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, email secure gateways, remote accesses, strong authentication systems, privileged access management).
- Investigate, handle and resolve IT security incidents and problems.
- Supervise and support consultants in their core mission to maintain and improve IT Security; verify that SLAs (service level agreement) defined with the security contractor are met and find solutions and improvements when this is not the case.
- Define security use cases for implementation in the SIEM (Security Information and Event Management).
- Support IT colleagues to better understand risks and define subsequent security requirements for their projects.
- Improve security awareness within the IT department and Bank-wide.
- Provide help to the Information security when requested.
- Participate in special initiatives that can go beyond the strict boundaries of own domain and that have a specific scope and timing, in order to ensure the realisation of the initiative within the set scope, time and budget
- Full University degree, preferably in computer science or related disciplines
- At least 3 years’ experience in the IT Security area
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Information Security related certification such as CISSP would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of IT Security operations (most common devices: firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, email secure gateways, remote accesses, strong authentication systems, privileged access management)
- Good knowledge of other IT security typical topics and controls (security architecture and standards, vulnerabilities management and mitigation technics in particular those associated to Internet-exposed systems and applications)
- Good command of other Information and Communication Technologies will be an asset (Network, Operating systems…)
- Project management techniques, progress tracking tools and reporting
- Anticipation of potential security threats
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 14th June 2018
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.