The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Corporate Services Directorate Information Technology (IT) - Transversal Services Department - Infrastructure and Operations Division
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 1st September 2018)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeship
The objective of the traineeship will be to provide hands-on experience in operational process follow-up and improvement, optimisation of reporting and organisational change.
You will support the Data Centre and Network Services Unit and the Process Managers in the Operational Processes Unit, during the transition from the current to the recently defined operational processes.
You will support the two above mentioned units in communicating effectively the changes due to the implementation of the Patch Management process and will assist the stakeholders in implementing effectively the new process.
Under the supervision of the Head of Infrastructure & Operations Division, you will work as a Junior IT Change Manager and participate actively in the following initiatives: review, develop, document and update the Patch Management process and the elaboration of reporting for the Data Centre and Network Services Unit and the Operational Processes Unit.
Your tasks will be to:
- Collect information about current use of Patch Management process and ideas for improvement;
- Design, test and implement Patch Management process improvements following their approval by EIB IT management;
- Produce templates for new reports and dashboards;
- Maintain an inventory of documents and processes to be updated;
- Agree target templates, reports and content to be published on different portals, mainly Microsoft SharePoint;
- Produce new content for Microsoft SharePoint and communicate it to IT clients.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or degree in IT, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics;
- Good to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint administration would be an advantage;
- Practical knowledge of a document management system would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. French would be considered an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Please note that deadline for application is the 03/06/2018.
More information on our EIB Internship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website;http://www.eib.org/about/jobs/student-jobs/index.htm