The EIB, the European Union's bank, in the framework of its GRAD programme, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services – Information Technology Directorate, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
This is a full time position
The term of this contract will be 2 years;
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of July/beginning of August.
Are you looking for a superb opportunity in IT in a multicultural and challenging environment?
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to contribute to the delivery of viable business and investment projects that tangibly improve the standards of living and quality of life of people in Europe and across the world?
Keep reading, as this is an amazing opportunity for you!
In a context of continuous growth, The EIB has several GRAD opportunities within its IT Department.
The GRAD programme
The Graduate Recruitment and Development (GRAD) programme is designed to offer early professional "hands-on" experience by working alongside specialists in a dynamic multicultural environment. In addition, you will have access to various types of trainings in the Bank.
About the EIB
The European Investment Bank is the European Union's bank. We are the only bank owned by and representing the interests of the European Union Member States. We work closely with other EU institutions to implement EU policy.
The EIB are the world’s largest multilateral borrower and lender. We provide finance and expertise for sustainable investment projects that contribute to EU policy objectives. All the projects we finance must be bankable and must comply with strict technical, environmental and social standards. We are accountable to EU citizens.
What does an IT service do in a Bank like ours?
The IT Department brings state-of-the-art technology into the Bank’s business and professional life, and it is critical in guaranteeing business continuity while improving our way of working.
Our IT professionals support and manage the core financial and lending applications of the EIB Group. Our applications cover a wide variety of business areas like borrowing, treasury, collateral management and lending, and we provide front and back-office operations for bond issuance and investment and liquidity management. We also develop in-house solutions to improve for example the risk management and monitoring functions.
We also work to provide premier support for our colleagues, with immediate and updated communications for everything that relates to IT services, as well as with a Techpoint where everyone can find personalized support for any kind of IT problem. We are constantly working on improving, fostering and simplifying cooperation and communication at the Bank by developing new mobile and collaborative applications.
Dealing with highly sensitive data, our mission is to be a trustful business partner and to provide all necessary measures to prevent the loss of data, confidentiality and its integrity with systems, procedures and support for all staff. Innovation is embraced by a continuing digitalization of our size-increasing datasets, providing agile and mobile business solutions for our staff, eager to react to new market solutions.
As an IT GRAD, you will gain valuable knowledge and experience in one or several of the above areas.
What is the profile we are searching for?
- University Degree in IT, Mathematics, Telecommunications or any related disciplines
- Work experience limited to a maximum of two years after graduation, excluding summer jobs and internships, and at the time of application
- Willingness to learn and develop your skills
- Adaptability and willingness to work in the finance sector
- Willingness to be part of a multicultural collaborative team
- Client focus and solution orientation
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.•
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 29 June 2018.