The European Investment Fund (EIF), is seeking to recruit for its Middle, Information & Back Offices Department, Information, Process & Automation Division, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a
(Senior) Technology Architect
Appointment will be made on the basis of a fixed term contract of three (3) years.
The (Senior) Technology Architect will provide expertise in the technology domain equipping the current organisational structure with the capacity to increase the competences in the areas of information technology architecture, cloud, cyber-security, digital technology (among others). S/he will target the major technology opportunities, threats, capabilities and gaps, with an emphasis on being the 1st line of defence for Information and Automation matters within the organisation.
S/he will develop the technology guidelines, procedures, controls and recommendations that will need to be adopted/shared consistently across the organisation, with EIF stakeholders and in liaison with the solution providers, monitoring the related implementations and following-up as appropriate. Emphasis will be placed on the cloud ecosystem and the response to security, performance, integrity, availability and scalability.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Information, Process and Automation Division and will work under the guidance of the Head of Projects, Processes and Information Unit. S/he will cooperate closely with business services involved in current and future initiatives/projects, ultimately servicing internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide the guidance, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required for the development of EIF technical architecture focussed on the solutions and platforms enabling business strategy and supporting the delivery of targeted business outcomes;
- Oversee the current state of the technology architecture and drive its future development, including the definition of requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the organisation including cyber security aspects;
- Point of contact for assessing the impacts on the technology environment and infrastructure originated by internal strategic initiatives, new business operations, regulatory requirements, cyber security aspects or other;
- Be the 1st line of defence for EIF across solutions and technologies ensuring the monitoring of solution providers (services) and the respective solutions (implementations);
- Provide advice and coordination of any business initiative and/or transformation project where information technology could play an enabler role ensuring full alignment with cyber security best practices among others;
- Facilitate the collaboration within the Division on specific information technology subjects with a horizontal impact;
- Assist with the design and documentation of governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring technology architecture compliance within EIF on-premises and cloud ecosystems;
- Analyse technical security requirements and solutions, working with business services and external experts to ensure that information (both on-premises and in the cloud) is treated as a protected asset;
- Influence the Information and Automation Strategy by partnering with business unit leaders and provide strategic technology and information-based recommendations to protect the organization from disruptions while also embracing new opportunities;
- Build and maintain external relationships with peers, as well as with industry professionals, vendors and technology experts.
- University degree, preferably at postgraduate level, in Engineering, Information Technology, Information Management or a related field;
- At least seven (7) years’ relevant professional experience of design and implementation in the domains of information technology, solutions/infrastructure architecture, digitalisation or equivalent;
- Prior experience in the financial service sector would be a considerable advantage;
- Proven track record in enterprise-wide transformation initiatives (particularly in cloud environment), data governance/data quality and familiarity with business processes;
- Sound knowledge and experience on technology standards and Cyber Security best practices;
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL);
- Knowledge and understanding of different modelling languages (such as UML or equivalent);
- Knowledge of EIF’s mission, organisation and business activities would be an advantage;
- Excellent command of English language. Understanding of other EU language(s) would be an advantage.
- Strong strategic, logical and technology thinking with the ability to challenge existing practices and approaches;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and demonstration skills with ability to balance the long-term and short-term implications;
- Ability to argue convincingly, influence and communicate in a clear and concise manner;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills acting as team player and collaborative;
- Proactivity, flexibility, reliability and commitment demonstrating capacity to drive and/or support initiatives that bring value to the organisation;
- Excellent planning, coordination and organisation skills;
- Service oriented, with the ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
Deadline for applications: 26th July 2018
* Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.