The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS) – Information Technology (IT) – Business Services Department (BSD) – Enterprise Applications Division (EA) – Treasury & Borrowings Unit (T& at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Associate) Banking Software Specialist
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The panels are anticipated for mid October
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The (Associate) Banking Software specialist will respond, as part of the Enterprise Applications Division (EA) to new business initiatives, take project management responsibilities, and contribute to banking software projects, in the areas of Treasury, Borrowings, Loans, Collateral Management, Settlements, Payments and Market Data.
He provides expertise on business requirements analysis, technical solution design, software configuration, and development of customer specific components. The work also entails second level user support.
Operating Network and specific post environment
The Treasury & Borrowing Unit (T& drives the development, implementation and maintenance of the WallstreetSuite software. Its main purpose is to manage Treasury operations & liquidity (FX, Money Market instruments and Securities) as well as the Borrowings side (EIB’s own issues and their related derivatives). The functional and technical scope are in constant evolution as new requirements arise from new regulatory requirements or evolutions of business processes.
The (Associate) Banking Software specialist will report to the Head of the Treasury and Borrowing Unit and work in close cooperation with all other IT Divisions and the user community. Externally, s/he will maintain a network of contacts with relevant suppliers of software and/or software related services.
The (Associate) Banking Software Specialist:
- Conduct analysis with business representatives to formulate solution design, identify and prioritise new business requirements
- Provide 2nd level user support: channel and prioritise enquiries, analyse incidents, identify workaround, follow-up of resolutions
- Prepare and execute test cases, notably for product and integrative testing
- Take project management responsibilities to implement new solutions within set time, budget and quality objectives
- Liaise with the software vendor ION/Wallstreet and the functional Support team for problem resolution
- Participate in the supervision of consultants.
- University degree, preferably in computer science
- A degree or certificate in banking or finance would be an advantage
- At least 3 years’ professional experience involving requirements analysis, programming and 2nd level support on Banking packages
- Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Technological expertise in IT, including the design, development, implementation and maintenance of information management systems
- Knowledge of one or more Banking packages such as ION/WallStreet Suite, FIS/Sungard Apex, Front Arena, Murex, Calypso, Misys, Summit, Temenos, Sophis
- Sound technical background in programming and scripting languages (Unix shell, Python, Java, PL-SQL) and DBMS Systems (Oracle and/or Sybase).
- Some knowledge of IT applications architecture and IT infrastructure
- Knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices
- Knowledge of financial instruments (such as bonds, derivatives, repos) and business processes (such as post-trade processing)
- Very good communication skills (within teams and to management)
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Deadline for applications: 12th September 2018
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.