The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) – Information Technology (IT) – Transversal Services Department (TSD)- Information & Operations Division (IO) - Infrastructure Solutions and Projects Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Solution Architect and Project Manager - Network & Unified Communication
This is a full-time position position at grade 5/6
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for the end of March.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Our Infrastructure and Operations division strives to implement premier and state of the art technologies so as to enable IT and Business be more agile and deliver faster in these times of change. Join us in setting up the core components of our next generation Infrastructure and Operations services, from service desk and automation to the latest datacentre technologies, from tools to teams. We expect you to always stay up to date with the major progress in your field and innovate at all times.
As the Solution Architect and Project Manager Network & Unified Communication, you will be responsible for leading the technology roadmap, design and delivery of projects concerning the following scope: network (wired and wireless), fixed telephony, enterprise instant messaging, audio and video conferencing, data lines, and Internet access.
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure Solutions and Projects Unit, responsible for providing quality network and unified communication architectures and designs in response to new business opportunities or changes to the existing infrastructure. You will cooperate with four other Solution Architects and Project Managers responsible for other areas of the IT Infrastructure scope.
- Lead technology roadmap, design and implementation for the network and unified communication technologies (VOIP, telephony, videoconferencing, skype for business, etc.)
- Lead the network and unified communication design activities for projects supporting the various IT infrastructure peer domains including server, storage, end user computing and information security
- Supervise lab tests, proofs-of-concept, bug scrubs, and other technical evaluations
- Manage project teams (external consultants) for the implementation of projects for the network and unified communication technologies (VoIP, telephony, videoconferencing, Skype for Business)
- Ensure that projects are managed and that solutions are designed and implemented in line with internal standards and procedures and that best practice, security recommendations and industry standards are respected
- Use technology to automate manual tasks, and seek to improve efficiency, contributing to continuous improvement, wherever practicable and appropriate
- Provide technical input for call for tenders in the scope of network and unified communication technologies (VoIP, telephony, videoconferencing, Skype for Business)
- University degree or equivalent in computer science or related disciplines
- ITIL Certification would be an advantage
- At least 5 years of experience in the in IT Infrastructure and Network and Unified Communication (enterprise instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, fixed telephony) services areas
- Demonstrable experience of delivering IT Infrastructure and Network and Unified Communication projects and transformation programs, including rollout of new technologies and enterprise wide infrastructures
- Proven experience and strong knowledge of Network and Unified Communication related technologies (network wired and wireless, fixed telephony, enterprise instant messaging, audio and video conferencing, data lines, and Internet access). Experience in other infrastructure domains will be considered an advantage
- Deep understanding of client server and web application architectures and knowledge of standard methodology from an IT Infrastructure point of view needed to support such applications
- Broad understanding of IT infrastructure, IT applications, architecture, databases and orchestration/monitoring/automation tools
- Extensive technological expertise in IT, in particular within the IT infrastructure landscape, but also within the software development life cycle
- Understanding of procurement and service contracts, including procuring software, hardware and services in a public sector environment
- Attention to detail in order to identify any early signs of potential huge impact issues for infrastructure and for its clients
- Excellent verbal and written English and/or French language skills and a good command of the other
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
- Organisational Commitment: Willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 17th February 2019
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.