This is a position within the NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency), an organization of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
We are the NATO's IT Agency serving 29 Nations by deploying and defending its networks, and providing real life support to its operations and missions. We are working around the clock safeguarding the freedom and security of nearly 1 billion citizens.
Can you prove recent and relevant experience in the usage of change management practices and configuration management tools? Are you familiar with ITIL change and configuration management best practices? Do you have a customer oriented attitude?
If the answer is yes, this position is ideal for you.
The NCI Agency is currently seeking an IT Change Manager within the Service Management and Control Service Line (SMC SL), capable of coordinating IT Changes across diverse networks, organisational entities, Service Lines and other relevant actors and to ensure that the IT Change Management Process/Directive is executed accordingly.
The Service Management and Control Service Line (SMC SL) covers the full life-cycle support (strategy, design, transition, operation and continuous service improvement, including Subject Matter Expertise) for NATO wide Service Delivery. It owns the people, processes and tools pertaining to: Service Support Management, Service Delivery Management and Continual Service Improvement components for Service Delivery. It offers internal services to all of the other SLs and external services to the customer.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Change Configuration Authority Branch Lead, you will perform duties such as the following:
- Coordinates IT Changes across organisational entities, Service Lines and other relevant actors ensuring that the IT Change Management Process/Directive is executed accordingly;
- Provides support to the Service Delivery Managers on how to coordinate and communicate IT Changes and to the System Managers on how to plan the changes according to the given process or procedure;
- Ensures that the IT Change Management processes is in place, updated and fit for purpose, ensuring that the relevant metrics are implemented and contribute to measurement and reporting on satisfactory service performance;
- Enforces process and standards, and work to improve the process;
- Collects data related to the relevant KPIs to contribute to satisfactory Service Delivery performance;
- Assures there is a solid link with other Service Transition processes, such as IT Release and Deployment Management and Service Asset and Configuration Management;
- Provides guidance on Service Outages plan and communication to the Service Delivery Manager;
- Reviews the IT Change Management plans and ensures its adherence to standards;
- Participates in the Change Advisory Board to review and approve changes across the organization, along with other IT Change Managers;
- Receives, logs and allocates a priority to all requests for changes that arrive;
- Reviews Request for Changes (RFCs) for the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meeting, and ensures that all requests for changes are circulated to Change Advisory Board members in advance to allow prior consideration;
- In cooperation with the Chair of the CAB, decides which CAB members will come to the CAB meetings, who gets specific RFCs depending on the nature of the RFC;
- Establishes priorities on urgent CAB meetings for all urgent RFCs, in cooperation with the Chair of the CAB;
- Chairs CAB meetings in absence of the CAB Chair as necessary;
- Any other necessary related activities to accomplish the Organization’s requirements
You will hold a university degree, preferably equivalent to a Master's Degree in information systems engineering, information technology or related discipline. A formal post-secondary training in IT will be considered as an asset.
In addition to the minimum of 2 years function related experience, you will be required to demonstrate:
- Experience in Configuration Management, Configuration Control and Change Management;
- Practical experience in the usage of change and configuration management tools;
- Experience with ITIL change and configuration management best practices;
- Experience leading meetings and committees;
- Knowledge of Quality Management principles;
- Experience in the operation of Change Advisory Boards (CAB).
We would consider it as an asset, if you can demonstrate experience in applying QA and IV&V procedures.
Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Relating and Networking - Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Planning and Organising - Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Analysing - Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language, and therefore a thorough knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of French is desirable.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices.
May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
What do we offer?
- Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
- Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme.
- Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
- Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
Please note that due to the Agency’s transition into a new structure in the near future, this post may be subject to transfer to one of our other locations, as well as to a change of reporting lines. The final decision will be made at the time of a firm offer.
The Agency’s recruitment team advises you that due to the large volume of applications it receives the screening process may take up to 2 months after closing date. We appreciate your patience.