Primary Location Belgium-Brussels
NATO Body NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis) : 3,436.63Euro (EUR) Monthly
3000 people are working 24/7 to protect 1 billion citizens. We serve 29 nations by defending its networks, and providing real life support to NATO operations and missions. We connect the Alliance. We are leading IT professionals. We are the NCI Agency.
We are looking for a talented Technician (Workstation Management and Access Control) who will be responsible for user account management, including; preparation of user accounts for upcoming events at NATO HQ, Documents design and configuration of assigned ICT infrastructure and required operating procedures.
If you think that you have the relevant skills and experience, as well as the relevant academic background that match the requirements of the position, and if you would like to work as a part of multinational team in a challenging environment, we would like to hear from you.
NCI Agency CIS Support Unit (CSU) Brussels, located in Brussels (BEL) is the primary Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) service provider for 24/7 support to SecGen, the International Staff (IS), the International Military Staff (IMS) and other customers of the NATO Headquarters in Brussels. CSU Brussels enables end-to-end CIS services as it installs, operates, maintains and supports the full range of CIS capabilities during peacetime, crisis and war throughout its allocated Area of Responsibility (AOR) and as otherwise directed.
The User Services Section (USS) is responsible for the maintenance of configurations for fixed and mobile workstations including third party applications at NATO HQ and in all remote offices (e.g. UN). The USS also provides Level 2 support for Work Stations (WSs) and WSs applications, image development for mobile and fixed WSs, software packaging and deployment, application and operating system patch updates and group policy management.
Under the direction of Section Head, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Responsible for user account management, including; preparation of user accounts for upcoming events at NATO HQ, sometimes requiring extended working hours or working unsociable hours;
- Documents design and configuration of assigned ICT infrastructure and required operating procedures;
- Monitors and reports capacity of assigned ICT infrastructure;
- Supports resolution of technical issues in a systematic approach;
- Supports implementation of procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing performance of assigned ICT infrastructure, and provides reports as required;
- Assists with, and implements, assigned project work packages;
- Responsible for user access management (creation, maintenance and deletion of user accounts) on all networks;
- Seeks recommendations from superiors for technical solutions;
- Maintains sound knowledge on implemented technologies;
- Coordinates and conducts own work to meet quality targets;
- Provides support related to local CIS Service provision during execution phase;
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Performs any other duty as may be required.
It is essential that you hold a vocational training certificate at middle level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent, or Diploma of a secondary education.
- In addition to at least 3 years of relevant experience, you will be required to prove:
- Knowledgeable in the use of trouble ticket tools (e.g. BMC ITSM);
- Knowledgeable in the execution of testing and quality assurance procedures;
- Very good knowledge of user account management on Microsoft Active Directory services;
- Good knowledge of methods, tools and procedures required for continuous monitoring of Microsoft Active Directory;
- Ability to accurately and strictly follow standard operating procedures and NATO policies;
- Knowledgeable in recent and current Windows operating systems and common Windows desktop applications, such as MS Office and Adobe;
- Experience of working within customer service orientated organisation requiring well developed oral and written communication skills;
- Experience of working as part of a cohesive team, with flexibility and technical ability necessary to provide support to other Service Centre teams as workload/demand dictates.
In addition to the above, it would be considered highly desirable if you are able to display;
- Certification covering the area of ICT User Support (ITIL Service Desk, Incident Response or Problem Practitioner; Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician);
- Knowledgeable in workstation management tools (e.g. Microsoft SCCM);
- Broad knowledge of related Windows ICT technologies, such as MS-AD, MS-Exchange, PowerShell, Group Policy Objects, Antivirus, DNS, DHCP;
- Knowledge of IT administration tools in general;
- A good level of French will assist when in contact with AOs/XOs;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT
Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well;
Applying Expertise and Technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions;
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals;
Coping with Pressures and Setbacks - Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurized environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life;
Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives - Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices.
May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable.
NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
NCI Agency normally offers contracts of employment of a definite duration, not exceeding three years. Contracts may be for less than three years as required to support short-term projects, meet uncertainty with respect to the business outlook, staff performance and other factors.
Definite duration contracts may be extended for further periods. When extending contracts, the following is taken into consideration:
- Renewal is in the interest of the Agency.
- Staff member's desire to remain with the Agency.
- The financial situation provides sufficient funding for the post held.
- The skills, competencies and behaviours, potential and work experience of the staff, versus the requirements of the Agency's work and/or availability of funding.
- Staff member has served the Agency with performance to the required standard as defined by the Agency.
- Staff member's deployability to operational theatre.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
The first six months of definite duration contracts are a probationary period. During this period the staff member's work is assessed to ensure that he/she has the ability to carry out the duties of the post. At or before the end of the probationary period, the staff member will be notified in writing that the appointment is confirmed or terminated or, in exceptional cases, that the probationary period is extended.
What do we offer?
Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.