The BIS is embarking on an ambitious multi-year technology transformation programme. We are looking for an experienced senior IT project manager to lead our hybrid cloud and digital collaboration initiatives.
Your contribution to our mission
Technology is at the heart of the Bank’s business operations. Over the coming years the Bank is seeking to further increase business agility and digital productivity by leveraging hybrid cloud and digital collaboration technologies. You will be instrumental in making this business transformation a success.
A collaborative role at the heart of our technology transformation
You will be part of a cross-functional IT change team working extensively with technical architects, infrastructure engineers, software developers, external vendors and the Bank’s different business areas. During the multi-year transformation, you will help to develop a technology vision and then work across different implementation areas to turn it into production operations.
Your qualifications and experience
- A relevant university degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Proven ability to manage complex projects using structured methodologies
- Experience in project, product or business management roles
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of stakeholders at different levels in the organisation
- Demonstrable skills and experience in relationship management and influencing
- Ability to deal effectively with external vendors to achieve project deliverables
- Knowledge and experience of cloud computing transformation in an enterprise environment, including cloud adoption, technical integration and vendor management
- Knowledge and experience of digital collaboration technologies, including integrated communications, online team collaboration tools, telepresence and mobile computing
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IT infrastructure and end user computing technologies; knowledge big data analytics and cyber security an advantage
- Knowledge of financial markets, economics and/or financial statistics an advantage
- Well organised and flexible
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
All new staff members are recruited on a fixed-term basis without expectation either of any contract renewal or conversion. The contract may however be extended or converted to an open-ended one at the end of the term, subject to organisational needs and individual performance. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.