The EIF is seeking to recruit for its Analytics Unit of the Strategy Coordination and Product Development Division within the Equity Investment and Guarantees Department, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Data Engineering Trainee
For a period of five (5) months (starting ideally mid June 2019)
The Analytics team solves complex problems using quantitative modelling and data science. The team addresses business needs by identifying solutions, organizing a strategy around the outcomes and delivering value.
The Trainee will work on a high visibility project that will support SME financing across Europe.
The internship will focus on:(a) technical design (develop, test and document) of a data model for advanced analysis and ( creation of technical prototypes and production systems. The project is to be executed under the supervision of the senior member of the team.
- Support the Front Office quant team in delivering analytics and modelling solutions;
- Work with other team members to determine options for fulfilling project goals;
- Develop, test, and document data model for analysis;
- Develop, test, and document visual display of results.
Develop, test and document of a production modelling system by the end of the internship period under the supervision - and with a support - of the senior member of the team.
- University degree (or on-going studies at advanced stage) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field is preferred;
In-depth knowledge of at least one general-purpose programming language (e.g. java, C#) is required. Knowledge of Scala, React and/or SQL is a plus;
Experience with data science tools such as Python or R is preferred;
Previous programing and modelling experience preferred.
- Eagerness to learn both about the EIF’s mission and any quantitative or technical tools needed to accomplish your goals;
- Hands on attitude and willingness to analyse and solve problems at their root, while keeping the big picture in mind;
- Passion to develop maintainable solutions that meet the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity;
- Passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Interest in EIF's mission and activities as an EU Institution;
- Good drafting and synthesis skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work productively;
- Demonstrate initiative, capability to work autonomously under given objectives and organise own work effectively even under time pressure.
Deadline for applications: 31st May 2019
* Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.