The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS) – Transversal Services Department (TSD) – Infrastructure & Operations Division (IO) – Infrastructure Services Unit (IS), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Senior) Technical Service Manager (Automation and Orchestration Services)
This is a full time position at grade 5/6
(Reduced working hours can be considered. Minimum availability of 80%)
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning of AUGUST 2019.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Infrastructure Services Unit (IS), part of the Infrastructure & Operations Division (IO), is responsible for managing technology and services in the area of datacentre operations, monitoring & control and the automation and orchestration of datacentre technologies to optimise the IT infrastructure tools and processes,.
As the (Senior) Technical Service Manager (Automation and Orchestration Services), you will manage the daily operations (RUN) and delivery of the automation and orchestration of datacentre technologies, including databases, i.e. IT infrastructure.
Key accountabilities will include managing provisioning, automation, IT infrastructure monitoring and analytics, optimisation of tools and processes, keeping IT infrastructure inventory and asset management tools up-to-date and automating service requests, software and tools in line with EIB policies and procedures.
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure Services Unit, which is responsible for the datacentre RUN activities and manage approximately 15 external consultants (engineers, technicians) for daily operations.
As part of the role, you will be expected to collaborate and work in close cooperation with colleagues from across the EIB Group, IT, external consultants and suppliers of hardware, software and/or related services.
- Manage teams of consultants, which operate and maintain automation and orchestration platforms
- Contribute to the Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC) project and be responsible for the implementation and maintenance
- Maintain and improve automation and orchestration services in the current IT infrastructure and SDDC
- Keep the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) up-to-date for Configuration Items (Cis) under your responsibility
- Resolve incidents in coordination with the EIB IT Incident and Problem Manager
- Actively propose ideas of improvement and optimisation for the existing processes and services in line with IT infrastructure policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the IT Security regarding hardware and software (related to datacentre services) vulnerabilities, keeping up-to-date on key vulnerabilities and risks, and addressing these with management if necessary
- Write terms of reference for new framework contracts in the scope of datacentre services and act as subject matter expert, when required
- Run and support various proof-of-concept initiatives and evaluation of new software and technologies
- Help the EIB in keeping up-to-date with the latest developments by bringing external views on technologies and the evolution of best practice
- University degree or equivalent in computer science or related disciplines. Additional certification in automation / Orchestration, e.g. ITIL, would be highly advantageous
- At least 5 years of experience in the managing IT infrastructure, with special emphasis on monitoring, orchestration or automation
- Proven experience of automation deployment, provisioning, configuration and knowledge of datacentre related technologies (virtualisation, deployment, provisioning and IT infrastructure management tools)
- Experience of working in a multi-vendor environment as a customer, ideally managing external consultants, and delivering automation and orchestration of IT infrastructure and datacentre services is preferred
- Experience designing and/or troubleshooting IT infrastructure issues and providing first-class customer service
- Good understanding of client server and web application architectures and knowledge of best practices from an IT infrastructure point of view needed to support such applications
- Understanding of procurement and service contracts, including procuring software, hardware and services in a public sector environment
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage)
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
The level of functions in the job vacancy is only indicative and will be adjusted accordingly taking into account, among other things, the business need, as well as the selected candidate’s experience and expertise
Deadline for applications: 7th June 2019.
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.