Purpose of the job:
Working as part of a highly skilled cybersecurity team, you will assist in both developing and implementing new approaches to cyber security that enable the BIS to explore and leverage the benefits of cloud technology.
You will ensure security by design through implementation of modern security technologies across the enterprise. Specifically, you will support software developers by integrating security practices into the Software Development Lifecycle, provide advice and guidance on the implementation of controls for cloud based applications and services, and leverage the latest next-generation cyber security technologies to support the Bank’s security operations.
Your qualification and work experience:
We look forward to meeting candidates with security development skills and experience with scripting and rule development in: Python, Bash, SQL Query Language, SNORT, PowerShell. Candidates should have a strong understanding of cloud security and technologies such as Next Generation Firewalls, Security Automation, and threat intelligence aggregation.
- Master degree or equivalent experience in an engineering, computer sciences or quantitative discipline
- Experience as an application architect, system developer or system engineer
- Exposure to security engineering related concepts
- Track record of on-going technical education and/or professional expertise development in the areas of IT and security
- Security Development skills including demonstrated experience in automating security tasks through vendor provided APIs
- An understanding of cloud architecture and application of security controls to cloud environments
- Some experience in leveraging cloud solutions to improve security, in particular: Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365, Endpoint Detection and Response
- Some experience with deploying and operating security technologies
- An understanding of mobile related technologies, virtualization, and containers
- An understanding of the landscape of security solution providers
- Familiar with industry-recognized key critical controls (e.g. SANS or equivalent)
- Familiar with secure software development tools and procedures including secure code review, third party component management, and static code analysis
- Strong analytical capabilities and data-analysis skills
- Good communication skills both with technical experts and senior management
- Team player
What you can expect in return
Simply put, we want your time at the BIS to be a career-enriching experience. We offer a genuinely unique international working environment with colleagues from more than 60 countries, which will give you a broad exposure to a number of business areas and expert networks. You will also receive a competitive compensation package net of tax, including health insurance, and comprehensive support to help you relocate smoothly.
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff