The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international organisation promoting global monetary and financial stability and is a bank for central banks. The BIS’s head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We are able to recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages.
We are looking for a Senior Audit Manager specialising in IT systems, to join our Internal Audit team of 8 based in Basel, Switzerland. The ideal candidate is a highly competent auditor with several years of experience in IT systems and business processes in a financial institution. Additionally, s/he demonstrates outstanding relationship management skills with the ability to work as both a generalist and a specialist across the business.
- Perform audits in line with the annual audit plan or in response to ad hoc requests from Management. Evaluate internal controls, risk management and governance processes.
- Analyse and assess Information Technology risks and evaluate the effectiveness of controls to address those risks. Make audit recommendations as warranted and provide value-added solutions.
- Act as a lead auditor or support integrated audits as a subject matter expert. Prepare audit reports and present findings to senior management. Follow-up on remediation of control weaknesses.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide support to the other auditors during the regular audits.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University degree, preferably with an Information Technology focus. An industry-recognised security certification would be beneficial (e.g. CISSP, CRISC or CISA).
- A minimum experience of seven years in auditing and/or mitigating operational and security risks in information systems, with a strong financial sector background.
- Understanding of standard foreign exchange and fixed income financial products and related business workflows, risks and controls.
- Experienced with auditing trading platforms and trade processing systems.
- Coding experience and advanced data analysis is strongly desired
- Proven track-record in clearly and effectively communicating IT operation and security risks to the business
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Self-motivated. Independent and objective in judgment.
- Comfortable to challenge and to be challenged, whilst maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- Very good team player with multicultural sensitivity.
- Excellent oral and written English; another major world language a plus.
- Strong sense of personal integrity and ethics
All new staff members are recruited on a fixed-term basis without expectation either of any contract renewal or conversion. The contract may however be extended or converted to an open-ended one at the end of the term, subject to organisational needs and individual performance. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.