The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS) – Business Services Department (BSD) – Risk Management and BPP Division (RB) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Associate) Data Warehouse Officer. This is a full time position at grade 4/5.
(Reduced working hours can be considered. Minimum availability of 80%)
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid OCTOBER.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.Purpose
The (Associate) Data Warehouse Officer, (internally referred to as (Associate) Analyst IT Applications) will be responsible for designing, developing, optimising and maintaining the Extract, Transform, Load, (ETL) data extractions dedicated to feed the enterprise data warehouse platform. You will actively work on the enhancement of its performance and accuracy in order to support the EIB’s activities and initiatives in line with the Information Technology strategy, the data warehouse annual work programme and in alignment with developments, industry best practices and latest banking regulation standards.Operating Network
You will report to the Head of Data Warehouse & Reporting Unit and works in close cooperation with IT and the Data Governance Unit. You will cooperate with counterparties from all directorates using the data warehouse as well as key external parties (software vendors, providers of outsourced services, peer groups) in order to optimise service levels and to stay abreast of best practice.Accountabilities
- Ensure that the enterprise data warehouse is in line with the IT policies and define a unified approach for developing ETL data quality jobs within the enterprise data warehouse;
- Organise, structure and lead IT projects under own responsibility and ensure their delivery within the planned time, scope and budget by anticipating issues and taking mitigation actions;
- Write up the project documentation such as project charter, functional design, test scripts, progress report, reviewing all technical deliverables to meet data warehouse objectives;
- Build and maintain ETL jobs according to best practices and establish metrics to monitor data extraction improvements;
- Apply technical knowledge and expertise to define, test, implement and maintain data extractions in line with requirements and in cooperation with other stakeholders;
- Provide timely support services to end-users, which includes issue resolution, root cause analysis, propose and develop improvements.
- University degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Finance or related fields;
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience covering data extraction management, ideally gained within the data warehouse field in the financial services sector and in an international context;
- Excellent knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices;
- Technical knowledge of ETL tools (such as IBM Infosphere Datastage and quality stage, Talend, Informatica) and SAP Business Objects Suite or equivalent reporting tools;
- Experience with creating, testing and implementing business rules for feeding an enterprise data warehouse;
- Experience with establishing data extraction performance metrics and preventative controls for continuous improvement;
- Good knowledge of database management systems (Sybase ASE & IQ, Oracle);
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
The level of functions in the job vacancy is only indicative and will be adjusted accordingly taking into account, among other things, the business need, as well as the selected candidate’s experience and expertise
Deadline for applications: 13th September 2019
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.