The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate, Information Technology - Transversal Services Department - Information & Operations Division - Infrastructure Services Unit at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Technical Service Manager (Network and Unified Communication Services). This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract is 4 years.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Panel interviews are anticipated for end November.Join us to transform IT at the EIB!
Infrastructure Services already runs a state of the art datacentre and we are now looking at taking it further by implementing Software Defined Network and Software Defined Datacentre, streamline provisioning and management processes, and rolling out extensive automation and orchestration.
Join us in setting it up and transform the way we do IT.Purpose
The Infrastructure Services Unit (IS) is responsible for managing technology and services in the area of datacentre operations, monitoring & control and the automation and orchestration of datacentre technologies to optimise the IT infrastructure tools and processes,.
As Technical Service Manager (internally referring to (Senior) Engineer IT Technology & Infrastructure), you will manage the daily operations (RUN) and delivery in conformity with the service catalogue for Network and Unified Communication Services.
In addition, you are expected to work closely with our infrastructure solution architects on the implementation and handover to production of our new Software Defined Network, to always keep abreast of the major progress in your field and to innovate at all times.Operating Network
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure Services Unit. The post requires close collaboration with colleagues across the EIB Group, in particular within IT (infrastructure, development or application support teams) and external consultants, as well as close communication with suppliers of hardware, software and/or related services for infrastructure. You will manage approximatively 30 consultants (engineers, technicians) for daily operations.Accountabilities
- Manage teams of consultants, which operate and maintain the network (wired and wireless), fixed telephony, enterprise instant messaging (Skype for Business), audio and video conferencing, data lines, and internet access running on the EIB’s infrastructure
- Contribute to the Software Defined Network (SDN) and Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC) projects and be responsible for the implementation and maintenance
- Keep the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) up-to-date for Configuration Items (Cis) under your responsibility
- Resolve incidents in coordination with the EIB IT Incident and Problem Manager
- Actively propose ideas of improvement and optimisation for the existing processes and services in line with IT infrastructure policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the IT Security regarding hardware and software (related to network and unified communication services) vulnerabilities, keeping up-to-date on key vulnerabilities and risks, and addressing these with management if necessary
- Write terms of reference for new framework contracts in the scope of network and unified communication services and act as subject matter expert, when required
- Run and support various proof-of-concept initiatives and evaluation of new software and technologies
- Help the EIB in keeping up-to-date with the latest developments by bringing external views on technologies and the evolution of best practice
- University degree
or equivalentin computer science or related disciplines. Additional certification in e.g. ITIL, would be highly advantageous
- At least 5 years of experience in the IT Infrastructure and Network and Unified Communication (enterprise instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, fixed telephony) services area
- Proven experience and strong knowledge of Network and Unified Communication related technologies (network wired and wireless, fixed telephony, enterprise instant messaging, audio and video conferencing, data lines, and Internet access)
- Experience of working in a multi-vendor environment as a customer, ideally managing external consultants
- Experience designing and/or troubleshooting IT infrastructure issues and providing first-class customer service
- Good understanding of client server and web application architectures and knowledge of best practices from an IT infrastructure point of view needed to support such applications
- Understanding of procurement and service contracts, including procuring software, hardware and services in a public sector environment
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 22 October 2019.
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.