This post is bout Exchange/Office 365 Hybrid Deployments, when for some reason we need to completely delete a user account and mailbox from Office 365 in order to re-sync it.
First you need to exclude the user from DirSync
- Open the “Synchronization Service Manager” (cn be fount at “C:\Program Files\WindowsAzureActiveDirectorySync\SYNCBUS\Synchronization Service\UIShell\miisclient.exe”)
- Navigate to “Metaverse Search” and click on “Add Clause”
- Be sure that you choose Displayname as Attribute, and then configure your search
- Double click an entry, and open the tab connectors
- Activate the line with the “Active Directory Connector” Management Agent and click on “Disconnect…
- In the disconnect object accept question, choose “Disconnector (Default)” to remove the connector. Explicit Disconnector will lock the object to be a connector again.
You can then rerun your search, and the specific account will not be shown anymore. And after a sync, the object will also be removed from the azure Directory
Then you need to remove the user object from the Office 365 portal using the PowerShell
- Open PowerShell “Windows Azure Active Directory Module”
- $msolcred = get-credential
- connect-msolservice -credential $msolcred
- Get-MsolUser -ReturnDeletedUsers | FT UserP*,ObjectId
- Remove-MsolUser -ObjectId abc1234-12abc-123a-ab12-a12b3c4d5f6gah -RemoveFromRecycleBin -Force
- Get-MsolUser -ReturnDeletedUsers | Remove-MsolUser -RemoveFromRecycleBin -Force
Then at the next scheduled sync of te DirSync the user will be recreated. Also you can force the DirSync to creaate the user faster.