The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international organisation promoting global monetary and financial stability and is a bank for central banks. The BIS’s head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We are able to recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join the IT Operations team responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of, and third-level support for enterprise-class software and hardware (front and back-end) in a Microsoft environment. The ideal candidate is a creative, solution-oriented and communicative team player, comfortable in both a highly technical environment and a relationship management role.
- Ensure best practice implementation and maintenance of core server and infrastructure application technologies
- Support and maintain business-critical infrastructure applications and their dependencies, and develop robust, comprehensive processes to ensure the ongoing availability of these applications
- Manage IT projects, including testing and implementation of new releases in cooperation with business areas and service providers
- Contribute to vendor management including deliverables, contract and SLA management service definitions, and contract and commercial negotiations.
- Act as back-up support for other team members as required, covering infrastructure technologies, database technologies, application deployment, mail systems and Active Directory
- Business-oriented customer relationship management with a focus on high quality of service and clear communication.
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours during service windows and to provide on-call cover for evenings and weekends.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- University degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows server technology, Server Deployment, Citrix, File Services, Clustering, IIS, Active Directory and scripting languages.
- Understanding of networking technologies and associated infrastructure.
- Skills in the areas of system design, implementation and monitoring, Exchange Server, SQL SCCM, SCOM, SharePoint and VMware Virtualization Technologies.
- Proven track record in third-level support and design input in an enterprise environment.
- Strong knowledge of dependencies and how they interact, e.g. with regard to the technologies involved in core server, networking, database and application technologies
- Broad understanding of ITIL fundamentals and their application in a business environment, in particular in relation to change management
- IT project management experience.
- Ability to provide third-level support and design input in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with vendor management and/or customer management.
- Creative, customer-oriented problem-solving approach.
- Strong intercultural communication and presentation skills, and the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Excellent command of English.
The BIS employs staff on both open-ended and fixed-term contracts. However, all new entrants are initially recruited on a fixed-term basis. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff. We encourage applications from female candidates.