This is a general recruitment campaign aimed at filling the existing and potential future vacancies
This is a full time position at grade 5/6
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Internal Audit has undergone substantial changes over the last years in terms of organisation and staffing. The diverse Internal Audit team consists of individuals with a wide range of professional backgrounds, adhering to guiding principles of team work, strong professional ethics and high commitment.
In order to complement its team, Internal Audit is looking for seasoned IT audit specialists with experience in the first and/or second line of defense functions.
The (Senior) Internal Auditor will assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Bank’s internal control systems and procedures.
The Internal Audit Department is responsible for internal audit services in both the EIB and EIF. It is composed of 2 divisions; one covers the activities of the EIF and Information Technology across both EIB and EIF whereas the second covers the functions of the EIB. Whilst staff members are allocated to one division, the Department functions as a pool of resources that can be allocated to specific assignments across the Group.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Division in Internal Audit covering the activities of the EIF and Information Technology across both EIB and EIF. S/he will have regular contact with colleagues in the Department and in other Directorates throughout the Bank.
- Plan and conduct audit missions, provide independent appraisal, report on the findings and agreed action plans for corrective action and/or improvements in the following areas
Primary areas of relevant expertise in order of importance:
- Reviews of computer systems in the areas of general controls, application controls, and systems security
- Reviews of Infrastructure (Operating Systems, Networks, Databases, Middleware), IT Governance activities, IT Processes and Security Management
- Target audits include Data Centres, business applications, communications networks and related infrastructure (including outsourced services)
- Reviews of IT Best Banking Practices (regulatory requirements applicable to the Banking industry)
- Follow-up audit recommendations in order to verify that corrective action are undertaken
- Steer and monitor the activities of external consultants
- Contribute to creating appropriate awareness in the organisation on the importance of risk IT assessment and control
- Keep abreast and follow latest developments in the internal audit function, particularly in the area of IT audit techniques
- Develop, improve and implement Internal Audit processes, procedures, methodologies and working tools for conducting IT audit risk management and internal control activities
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the Bank products and activities with special focus on IT emerging risks
- University degree preferably in management information system, computer science, information security or business administration
- Professional qualification such as Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Internal Auditor
- At least 8 years work experience in an external or internal audit function, with at least 5 years of managing audit assignments through planning, fieldwork and report clearance
- Knowledge of ISO 27000 series, COBIT, COSO; knowledge of ITIL or the ISO 20000 would be considered an advantage
- In-depth understanding of computer auditing (IT Infrastructure, Applications, Governance activities, IT Processes and Security Management)
- Knowledge of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques and tools or good command of Business Objects would be an advantage
- Experience with audit management software, such as TeamMate or equivalent would be an advantage
- Fluent English and a good knowledge of French(*) and/or another EU language would be an advantage
- Excellent report writing skills in English and presentation skills
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals. Perseverance in the analysis of issues. Organisational and planning skills in order to manage complex tasks, and finalizing the audit assignment. Problem solver: Capable of a rigorous analytical approach and result oriented
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Deadline for applications: July 19th, 2017
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability