Do you have experience in day-to-day system administration of MS Windows Servers, Active Directory and MS Exchange Servers? Are you an expert in IT systems virtualization and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure? Would you like to become a core technical expert with a broad range of responsibilities? Then please read more about the role below, and apply!
NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCIA) CIS Support Units (CSUs) resource and plan, install, operate, protect, maintain and support CIS capabilities within parameters defined by the SLA.
CSU Service Operations Branch is responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of all assigned CIS services in accordance with the SLAs and for the provision of limited support to corporate Customers as directed. Responsible for all IS systems administration and for the hardware and software support.
Technical Management team is responsible for installing and maintaining common user operating systems and applications. IS Administrator, located in Bydgoszcz Poland, is an AIS Core technical expert responsible for the routine system administration of common user services over the NATO classified and unclassified networks, and ensures physical and electronic security of the systems.
Under the direction of Head (Technical Management), the post-holder will perform duties such as the following:
- Assists in daily system administration of the hardware and software layer of the currently fielded version of Windows Server, to include managing Active Directory, DNS, DHCP servers;
- Assists in operation and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange server, print services, file servers and Windows Server Update Services;
- Assists in daily operation and maintenance of SAN infrastructure including backup and disaster recovery operations;
- Assists in daily administration of VM Ware platform including server and desktop virtualization capabilities;
- Assists in operation and maintenance of Antivirus platform and application of required cyber security policies;
- Provides inputs and follow Business Continuity Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, preventive maintenance plans and updates relevant technical documentation;
- Provides advice to other CSU staff members, supports Customer Support Centre in system faults resolution as a first and second line of user support;
- May be required to perform other duties, as required.
We are looking for a candidate with a Higher Secondary education and completed advanced higher level vocational training in related field leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation with 8 years post experience.
In addition to at least 4 years general experience in System Administration of MS Windows Server, Active Directory, MS Exchange Server, you will also have:
- In-depth experience on IT systems virtualization and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure;
- Broad and sound technical knowledge of IT Systems;
- Practical experience in diagnosing deficiencies in networks and associated equipment;
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, eMail Clients/ Web Browsers and Web Content Management.
The following will be considered as an advantage:
- Microsoft certification
- Broad experience of the ITIL Service Management framework (certification on ITIL Foundation level);
- Configuration Control; IT Collaboration tools;
- VM Ware vSphere, VM Ware View, MS WSUS and SCCM Server; Anti-Virus and Spyware Servers; Print and File Servers; Configuring Server Clusters; Operating and Maintaining a SAN; HW troubleshooting;
- VM Ware certifications;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization.
We are looking for a person who demonstrates the following behavioural competencies:
Relating and Networking - Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Planning and Organising - Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Analysing - Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Applying Expertise and Technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries and Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices.
Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language, and therefore a thorough knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of French is desirable.
What do we Offer?
Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
- Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
- Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
- Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
This vacancy may be used to backfill lower graded positions with the similar set of requirements.