The NAEW&C Force is a unique organization operating as a multi-national fully integrated Air Force, with responsibilities of a "Sending State" and "Force Provider". The Base Support Wing (BSW) is responsible to the E-3A Commander for the effective operation of all E-3A peculiar Main Operating Base (MOB) support functions.
The Communications & Information Systems (CIS) Squadron is responsible for the management of all assigned IT Systems and Services throughout their life-cycle, in support to the E-3A Component`s mission including Forward Operating Bases and Location (FOBs/FOL).
The Networks & Transmission Support Branch is responsible for the provision of secure Networks, Transmission and Telecommunication Systems and Services, including interfaces with NATO wide communications systems and national defense networks, and provides audio visual and VTC services.
The Network Operation & Management Section provides external and internal connectivity (LAN/WLAN) by installation, administration and maintenance of assigned IT systems and infrastructure (typically router/switch hardware and software) for voice data and video teleconferencing communication, and provides and supports deployable systems.
The incumbent contributes to the consolidation of user requirements, and through life technical support of fielded IT/CIS systems and networks, in the areas Component support, Mission support and non-peculiar Mission Systems Engineering.
Contributing to continuous integrity of the assigned Component Support, Mission Support and non-peculiar Mission System Engineering IT/CIS systems and networks (“Product”) and its set of features;
- Assisting with long-term product evolution plans (strategy) and transferring these plans into product releases, product properties, and product priorities;
- Executing the product related support strategies;
- Monitoring and maintaining rack-level UPS for assigned active network components;
- Supporting the technical analysis of emerging user requirements with regard to the assigned products and coordinating with other internal or outsourced engineering sections;
- Executing the evaluation of changes and the implementation of provided change packages in accordance with the long-term product evolution plans;
- When directed, liaising with industry for the analysis, design and development and for the qualification, certification and acceptance of COTS hardware, firmware and operating system changes;
- Supporting all projects executed in the Section that implement baselines for the assigned products;
- When directed, representing the Squadron with respect to the assigned products. Executing non-project work for assigned products;
- Supporting elicitation of customer requirements;
- Contributing and executing or supporting the implementation and maintenance of these capabilities to the definition of system/network capability development;
- Supporting consolidation of Consolidating product expectations by the customer and the user community;
- Applying quality boundaries for project work artifacts related to the product;
- Maintaining a high level of expertise in the assigned technical areas and staying abreast of system engineering best practices;
- Ensuring that assigned IT/CIS Systems are adequately protected according to NATO and E-3A Component security directives, to include a viable disaster recovery capability;
- Supporting evaluations (Proposed Technical Solutions) of System Requests (Statements of Need) in the boarding process, in co-ordination with the senior engineer;
- Supporting technical requirements definitions and the refinement of components of IT/CIS systems being either developed, produced, delivered, integrated, or installed from internal or external organizations (NAEW&C, NATO, Government, Commercial Contractor);
- Executing IT/CIS system maintenance efforts and monitoring of/reporting on system operations capabilities and constraints;
- Executing routine and contingency support for IT/CIS system installation and maintenance efforts at the Component, at Forward Operating Bases/Location (FOBs/FOL) and at other deployed locations;
- Executing essential operational support to all NAEW&C organizations, including, when needed, the provision of support for contingency operations on a 24 hour-day, seven days a week basis, for an extended timeframe;
- Providing essential 2nd level user support for all assigned IT/CIS Systems to all NAEW&C organizations, including FOBs/FOL and other deployed locations;
- Taking part in the IT/CIS flight or provides support for Operations and Exercise, Audits, Inspections and Technical Support Visits (TSVs) to the FOBs/FOL and other deployed locations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in the management and operation of IT infrastructure (typically hardware, software and communications);
Experience in the management and operation of resources required to plan for, develop, deliver and support IT services and products:
Experience in carrying out agreed operational procedures of a routine nature;
Experience in maintenance, installation and problem resolution with regard to management and operation of IT infrastructure;
Experience in network control and operation including production of network performance statistics, provision of network diagnostic information and site surveys;
Experience in network configuration, installation and maintenance;
Higher secondary education and intermediate vocational training which might lead to a formal qualification with 2 years experience, or a Secondary education and completed advanced vocational training leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation with 4 years post related experience;
The work, both oral and written, in this post and in this Headquarters as a whole, is conducted mainly in English and sufficient proficiency is therefore essential;
Working knowledge of Standard Automatic Data Processing (ADP) is required;
Driving License equivalent to European Class B.
THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE CONSIDERED AS AN ADVANTAGE:
Working knowledge of relevant international and commercial standards;
Previous NATO assignment;
Experience in working in an international/military environment;
Experience in working with contractor firms in system administration matters;
Experience with E-3A airborne early warning systems, other air defense systems, or electronic warfare;
Recent experience in system administration in both UNIX and WINDOWS LAN/WLAN and storage area networks;
University degree or equivalent in IT/CIS related fields;
Certified CISCO/Hewlett Packard, certified MICROSOFT training and UNIX training;
Qualified advanced training as system administrator for UNIX workstations, servers, networks with any commonly recognized certification.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations. Newly recruited staff will be initially offered a definite duration contract of two years. The definite duration contract may be extended for up to one year. Thereafter, an indefinite duration contract might be offered.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation, family and children`s allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff;
Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
Generous annual leave and if eligible, home leave;
Retirement Pension Plan.