3000 people are working 24/7 to protect 1 billion citizens. We serve 29 nations by defending its networks, and providing real life support to NATO operations and missions. We connect the Alliance. We are leading IT professionals. We are the NCI Agency.
The NCI Agency is looking for a talented Engineer (Application Database Administrator (Apps DBA)). You will play a key role in the implementation, troubleshooting,and development of methodologies and tools in relation to Oracle E-Business Suite R12. You will provide advice and guidance in relation to the engineering and implementation; you will assist with the development of standards, methods and tools, and will be the main SME in relation to defining and resolving complex issues. Thus, if you possess experience in depth technical knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite and have experience of working in similar positions, we would like to meet you!
This is a position within the NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency), an organization of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
NCI Agency CIS Support Unit (CSU) Brussels, located in Brussels (BEL) is the primary Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) service provider for 24/7 support to SecGen, the International Staff (IS), the International Military Staff (IMS) and other customers of the NATO Headquarters in Brussels. CSU Brussels enables end-to-end CIS services as it installs, operates, maintains and supports the full range of CIS capabilities during peacetime, crisis and war throughout its allocated Area of Responsibility (AOR) and as otherwise directed.
Database Management Section (DMS) installs, maintains and supports (Level 1 and 2 support) the local database systems.
Under the management and guidance of the identified authority, you will perform duties such as the following:
· Provides engineering and implementation guidance as required;
· Investigates, defines and resolves complex issues;
· Advises on and assists with the development of standards, methods and tools;
· Analyses plans, designs, requirements and associated risks, and advises on technical solutions and mitigations;
· Plans and supports implementations against available resources and quality targets;
· As an Oracle E-Business Suite DBA, performs duties such as installing, upgrading, operating and maintaining Oracle e-Business Suite software and its associated Oracle Technology stack components in a multi-tier environment;
· Resolves level 2 and level 3 incidents and problems on Oracle E-Business Suite and its related Oracle Technology stack;
· Ensures database availability and performance and for providing trend analysis to enable informed decisions regarding resource management;
· Identifies improvements in assigned areas;
· Performs analysis, detailed problem diagnosis/resolution, testing, writing documentation and participating in reviews, walkthroughs and audits;
· Participates in the definition, acquisition and implementation of new system engineering requirements;
· Assists in the maintenance of the operational and support environments for the software of all assigned systems;
· Liaises and collaborate internally and throughout the NCI Agency with Service Lines and to external organisations for fault resolution activities;
· Creates and maintains Standard Operating Procedures within the Oracle e-Business Suite software and its associated Oracle Technology realm;
· Acts as Apps DBA SME for ICT infrastructure related projects;
· Performs capacity planning activities for all HQ database systems;
· Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
It is essential that you will hold a university degree, preferably equivalent to a Master’s Degree in information systems engineering, information technology or related discipline. Exceptionally, the lack of a university/college degree may be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate’s particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency; that is, at least 10 years extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post.
A formal post-secondary training in ITIL V3 would be considered as an asset.
It is considered essential that you hold, as a minimum, 2 years of function related experience in Database Administration, in particular with Oracle E-Business Suite (11i or higher). Within this experience, you will be required to demonstrate:
· Knowledge and practical experience with the management of Oracle e-Business Suite R12 and Oracle Database 12c product versions in a Linux environment. This includes but is not limited to backup/recovery, monitoring, patching, upgrading, performance tuning and administration;
· Detailed understanding of the Oracle E-Business Suite R12 data model, technical architecture and high availability options;
· Extensive experience in troubleshooting and tuning Oracle E-Business Suite R12;
· Recent experience in Oracle Fusion Middleware (10 or higher) and Weblogic administration;
· Experience in working under software development methodology and with software implementation lifecycle;
· Good documentation skills;
· Experience with configuration and version control;
· Experience of working in a team that delivers a highly available service
In addition to the above, it would be considered an asset if you are able to display:
· Sound knowledge and practical experience of Oracle Enterprise Manager and the Applications Management Suite;
· Practical experience with advanced topology elements like shared APPL_TOP, Oracle Clusterware, Rapid Application Cluster (RAC) and Automatic Storage Management (ASM);
· Practical experience with RMAN and Secure Backup;
· Experience with advanced reporting tools for Oracle E-Business Suite such as Oracle BI Enterprise Edition (OBIEE);
· Sound knowledge of Single Sign On in an Oracle Fusion Middleware environment;
· Hands-on Oracle Hyperion infrastructure administration experience;
· Experience with working in cross functional teams;
· Knowledge of MS SQL Server.
· Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well;
· Adhering to Principles and Values - Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment;
· Following Instructions and Procedures - Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role;
· Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals;
· Writing and Reporting - Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well-structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience;
· Planning and Organizing - Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones;
· Adapting and Responding to Change - Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices;
May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable.
NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
NCI Agency normally offers contracts of employment of a definite duration, not exceeding three years. Contracts may be for less than three years as required to support short-term projects, meet uncertainty with respect to the business outlook, staff performance and other factors.
Definite duration contracts may be extended for further periods. When extending contracts, the following is taken into consideration:
- Renewal is in the interest of the Agency.
- Staff member's desire to remain with the Agency.
- The financial situation provides sufficient funding for the post held.
- The skills, competencies and behaviours, potential and work experience of the staff, versus the requirements of the Agency's work and/or availability of funding.
- Staff member has served the Agency with performance to the required standard as defined by the Agency,
- Staff member's deployability to operational theatre.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
The first six months of definite duration contracts are a probationary period. During this period the staff member's work is assessed to ensure that he/she has the ability to carry out the duties of the post. At or before the end of the probationary period, the staff member will be notified in writing that the appointment is confirmed or terminated or, in exceptional cases, that the probationary period is extended.
Please note: Due to the Agency’s transition into a new structure in the near future, this post may be subject to transfer to one of our other locations, as well as to a change of reporting lines. The final decision will be made at the time of a firm offer.
The Agency’s recruitment team advises you that due to the large volume of applications it receives the screening process may take up to 2 months.