The NAEW&C Force is a unique organization operating as a multi-national fully integrated Air Force, with responsibilities of a "Sending State" and "Force Provider'. The Communications & Information Systems Squadron is responsible for the management of all IT Systems and Services, through their life-cycle, in support to the E-3A Component`s Mission. The Customer Support Section provides centralized remote and on-site CIS Customer Support via operation of a Consolidated Service Desk for the E-3A Component (including the Forward Operating Bases [FOBs] and the Forward Operation Location [FOL]).
The incumbent supports operation, administration and life-cycle maintenance of assigned IT/CIS systems, software and data, facilities, local and wide area networks, Component Internet connectivity and other assigned functional area sub systems. He/she provides 1st level user support for IT/CIS related incidents and assists in user training for simple client device operation.
- Deputizes and/or alternates the Section Head, when required;
- Provides initial On-the-Job Training (OJT) for newly assigned Military (MIL) personnel;
- Supports the efficient operation, administration, maintenance (both in-house and outsourced) of all Component networks, Internet, system software, data safety, support facilities for software and data;
- Provides IT/CIS 1st level user support (on the phone, remotely via the LAN or on-site) for the Main Operating Base (MOB), the Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) and the Forward Operating Location (FOL) and other deployed locations;
- Works in close cooperation with the IT Inventory/Asset/Configuration/Change Management office and provides configuration and asset management information for IT/CIS client platforms;
- Provides situational awareness for all IT/CIS related incidents for the MOB, the FOBs/FOL and other deployed locations;
- Takes part in the IT/CIS flight or provides support for Operations and Exercise, Audits, Inspections and Technical Support Visits (TSVs) to the FOBs/FOL and other deployed locations;
- Carry out the five main processes of the operational support and analysis:
1. Incident management
2. Problem management
3. Event management
4. Request management
5. Access management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in service desk and incident management;
- Experience in receipt of problem reports and the coordination of appropriate and timely responses including challenging requests to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring progress and keeping users apprised of progress;
- Experience in receiving and handling requests for support, responding to common requests by providing information to enable problem resolution and promptly allocating unresolved requests as appropriate;
- Experience in systems installation and decommissioning, including installation, testing, implementation or decommissioning as well as removal of cabling, wiring, equipment, hardware and appropriate software, following plans and instructions in accordance with agreed standards;
- Experience in testing hardware and software components, resolving malfunctions and documenting the results in accordance with agreed procedures;
- Secondary education and basic training for task related skills, with 2 years experience;
- This work, both oral and written, in this post and in this Headquarters as whole, is conducted mainly in English and therefore sufficient proficiency is essential;
- Adequate knowledge of ADP systems is essential;
- Driving License equivalent to European Class B.
THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE CONSIDERED AS ADVANTAGE
- Knowledge of capabilities and employment of Personal Computers (PCs) and IT/CIS Systems;
- Experience in 1st and 2nd level user support operations;
- Basic experience in system administration in both, UNIX and MS Window LAN/WLAN and storage area networks;
- Good knowledge and experience in client platform administration;
- Experience as system technician in air operations, command and control or air traffic control IT/CIS systems;
- Four years experience in data processing equipment;
- Successful completion of formal IT/CIS technician and/or system administrator courses;
- Higher secondary education and completed intermediate vocational training in IT/CIS asset management/inventory related fields;
- Formal training in Local Area Network (LAN) computer operations and qualification in IT/CIS systems repair and configuration;
- Previous NATO assignment;
- Working in an international/military environment.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations. Newly recruited staff will be initially offered a definite duration contract of two years. The definite duration contract may be extended for up to one year. Thereafter, an indefinite duration contract might be offered.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation, family and children`s allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff;
- Education allowance for children( where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
- Generous annual leave and if eligible, home leave;
- Retirement Pension Plan.