The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate – Financial Risk Department – Application & Data Management Division, Project Management Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Senior) Business Analyst & Project Support Officer
This is a full time position at grade 5/6
The term of this contract will be 4 years;
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning mid/end of March
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
As a (Senior) Business Analyst & Project Support Officer internally referred to as “Officer IT Applications” you will draft terms of reference, elaborate requirements and test specifications for the IT software solutions used within the Risk Management Directorate. You will also challenge the design specifications proposed by IT, organise the user acceptance tests, and coordinate IT related activities within the RM Directorate.
Additionally, you will develop complex reporting used for decision- making in the Risk Management directorate and also closely follow internal Risk Management projects in the context of the Best Banking Practices implementation.
Within the Risk Management Directorate, the primary role of the Project Management Unit is to coordinate between Risk Management and IT directorates on all IT related matters.
You will report to the Head of Project Management Unit (PRMU) in the Applications and Data Management Division of RM/FIN. You will closely cooperate with all RM colleagues, as well as with IT and other Directorates.
- Ensure the software solutions used within the Risk Management Directorate are conceived and implemented by IT according to the user’s expectations.
- Analyse business requirements and specifications.
- Write business cases and translate business requirements into functional specifications.
- Organise testing of new releases in Risk Management related systems and follow-up on IT project implementation.
- Ensure functional support for Risk Management in close cooperation with IT.
- Draft and communicate functional and procedural documentation and user manuals.
- Represent the Risk Management Directorate in Bank-wide initiatives or projects and inter-Directorate working groups, closely cooperating with RM Departments, as appropriate.
- Make recommendations to simplify business processes and to implement the related changes. Seek consensus between Directorates on the alignment of business processes.
- Develop complex reporting requested by the business users.
- University degree in a relevant domain, preferably in IT, Mathematics and/or Finance.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience in Business Intelligence particularly in the coordination, design, development and maintenance of Data Warehousing solutions.
- Deep understanding of finance and risk management, ALM, Credit and liquidity risk principles and data.
- Experience with Best Banking Practices would be considered an advantage, particularly in the implementation of BCBS239 principles.
- Deep knowledge of a reporting tool such as BusinessObjects.
- Able to draft clear and concise reports in English and to produce accurate and reliable documents.
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French and a good command of the other*. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 25th February 2019
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.