Your contribution to our mission
In our role as a bank for central banks, we manage reserves for a relatively small number of customer central banks and international financial institutions. The tools and systems we develop must meet their highly specific requirements and are often vitally important to their needs. Our technological solutions support our customers’ ability to manage their reserves.
We are currently undertaking a fundamental, long-term review of our trading, financial messaging and risk management systems, informed and inspired by the vast portfolio of new technologies available nowadays. You’ll be key to that rejuvenation.
A hybrid role at the heart of our transformation
This is an area with a lot of potential that requires energy and drive. Not just to explore the wide range of possibilities, but to collaborate with different areas of the Bank and strengthen our networks with central banks yourself.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst in financial messaging to join the Banking IT unit. You have experience in SWIFT messaging and will work as part of a team of five, where you will help manage the system infrastructure and software, including change analysis and user support.
- Provide support for the financial messaging systems, including management of technical and business impact of changes
- Manage confidential information related to cyber security in financial messaging systems and propose solutions to related threats
- Provide business analysis and user support for the development, configuration and maintenance of tools and applications
- Implement and customise package applications; develop departmental business applications, interfaces and web-based services
- Represent the Banking IT department in groups for systems design, integration, standards and change management
Your qualifications, experience and skills
- University degree in information management or a related discipline
- Experience with SWIFT messaging formats
- Knowledge of banking business practices (financial instruments, trading platforms, market infrastructures, etc.) and technical infrastructures (IBM MQ, Oracle, Sybase IQ, MS-SQL Server, Tuxedo, Control-M, SAP Business Objects, BizTalk, etc.)
- Ideally some experience in the management of Bottomline Technologies, with GTSuite products an advantage
- A hands-on, practical approach, with efficient problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile Methodology, Scrum, Kanban
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills; comfortable engaging with staff at all levels
- Strong communication skills including excellent written and spoken English
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.