The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) – Information Technology (IT) – IT Security Unit (SEC), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) IT Controls Officer. This is a full-time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract is 4 years.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid October 2019Purpose
You will drive the improvement of internal IT control processes by providing first line of defence assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of IT risk management and controls in the EIB Group according to Best Banking Practices and IT assurance standards in order to minimise IT and operational risks with regards to IT governance and adequate risk management and oversight.
You will also ensure that all dissemination and knowledge sharing activities are consistent with EIB ICF policy, guidelines, practices, and taking account of the specific IT requirements. This is a control risks role that requires proper support to the implementation of a coherent and process driven internal control framework covering key activities and risks of the bank, and will require tight co-ordination with Financial Control Directorate/Internal Control and Assertion Division.Operating Network
Reporting to the Head of IT Security Unit, you will closely cooperate with counterparties from the Information Management & Procurement and Risk Management to ensure oversight and assurance functions in the EIB’s second and third line of defence.Accountabilities
- Support the strategy and policy development for the IT function to ensure that the overall system of internal IT controls of the EIB is based upon practical needs and constraints of the organisation;
- Implement IT risk and control initiatives and run key operational processes in the most effective and efficient way;
- Assume end-to-end responsibility for conducting control/self-assessment assignments in the context of the EIB’s Internal Control Framework and making recommendations for improvements in order to ensure that the primary risk associated with the Bank activity are identified and controlled and weaknesses identified and corrected;
- Provide specific advice and recommendations on Information Communication Technology (ICT) risk management and internal control questions to align the EIB with best practice;
- Coordinate with Internal Audit, EIB’s external auditors, and any regulatory body on auditing assignments concerning CS-IT and act as central point of contact for any such audit missions;
- Steer and monitor the activities of external consultants;
- Contribute to creating appropriate awareness in the organisation on the importance of IT risk assessment and control;
- Keep abreast and follow latest developments in oversight functions, particularly in the area of IT risk and control techniques.
- Attend relevant meetings with the FC/ICA Division to update and co-ordinate activities on ICF where appropriate.
- University degree in computer science, audit, finance or accounting;
- Relevant post-graduate studies in field of IT risk management, IT or information management would be considered as a strong advantage;
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience with a proven track record in a second line of defence function with focus on IT risk and control or as an internal or external IT auditor;
- Including, at least 3 years of managing ICT risk review assignments through planning, fieldwork and results clearance;
- Professional qualifications as an IT risk and control professional or IT auditor e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIA;
- Professional knowledge and understanding of IT auditing, IT internal control systems and best banking practices;
- Understanding of software packages used for risk management research analysis;
- Knowledge sharing skills, including holding presentations, conducting workshops and drafting of documentation in English;
- Excellent verbal and written English and good command of French (*) with a good knowledge of the other (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 13th September 2019
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.