The EIF is seeking to recruit for its Strategy Coordination and Product Development and Analytics Division within the Equity Investment and Guarantees Department, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Data Engineering Trainee
For a period of five (5) months (starting asap)
The Analytics team solves complex problems using quantitative modelling and data science. The team addresses business needs by identifying solutions, organizing a strategy around the outcomes and delivering value.
The Trainee will work on a high visibility project that will support SME financing across Europe.
The internship will focus on:(a) technical design (develop, test and document) of a data model for advanced analysis and ( creation of technical prototypes and production systems. The project is to be executed under the supervision of the senior member of the team.
- Support the Front Office quant team in delivering analytics and modelling solutions;
- Work with other team members to determine options for fulfilling project goals;
- Develop, test, and document data model for analysis;
- Develop, test, and document visual display of results.
Develop, test and document of a production modelling system by the end of the internship period under the supervision - and with a support - of the senior member of the team.
- University degree (or on-going studies at advanced stage) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field is preferred;
In-depth knowledge of at least one general-purpose programming language (e.g. java, C#) is required. Knowledge of Scala, React and/or SQL is a plus;
Experience with data science tools such as Python or R is preferred;
Previous programing and modelling experience preferred.
- Eagerness to learn both about the EIF’s mission and any quantitative or technical tools needed to accomplish your goals;
- Hands on attitude and willingness to analyse and solve problems at their root, while keeping the big picture in mind;
- Passion to develop maintainable solutions that meet the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity;
- Passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Interest in EIF's mission and activities as an EU Institution;
- Good drafting and synthesis skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work productively;
- Demonstrate initiative, capability to work autonomously under given objectives and organise own work effectively even under time pressure.
Deadline for applications: 8th September 2019
* Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.