NATO offers you more than a job. It gives you a mission: bringing together an alliance of 29 diverse nations to build peace and security to more than one billion citizens.
At the NCI Agency we are NATO's technology and cyber leaders. We help NATO Nations communicate and work together in smarter ways.
Our Vision: A fully digital NATO enterprise that ensures consultation and collective defence.
Under the direction of The Director of Service Operations for NCI Agency, Communications and Information Systems (CIS) Support Unit (CSU) Uedem ensures the delivery of NCI Agency Services, including Air Command and Control (AirC2) systems, to our main user; the Combined Air Operations Centre in Uedem, GERMANY.
CSU Uedem Service Operations Branch (SOB), a team of nearly 40 personnel, is responsible for the 24/7 provision of CIS services in accordance with the Service Level Agreement with Headquarters Air Command. This includes event and incident management of existing services, along with the implementation of approved changes and supporting the introduction of new services.
The NCI Agency is currently seeking a Senior Technician (Information Systems AirC2) to work in CSU Uedem SOB. The ideal candidate will have a background in System Administration of complex computer systems, with experience in Server Management, Data Backup, and User Management (AD, LDAP) in Windows and/or Solaris systems. The candidate should be flexible and have good communication skills. It is desirable that the candidate has knowledge of NATO AirC2 systems. If your experiences and skills fit the description, apply now!
As part of the Service Operations Branch, the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Install, operate and maintain assigned CORE Systems software, Databases and other Applications and ICT Platforms and stay abreast of latest developments in these areas.
- Support the applications and data integrity and integrity of assigned ICT Platforms, support IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM), Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Provide support related to local CIS Service provision.
- Document the design and configuration of assigned applications and ICT Platforms and the required operating procedures.
- Implement procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of applications and ICT Platforms and provide reports as required.
- Monitor and report on the capacity of the assigned applications and ICT Platforms.
- Assist with, and implement, assigned project work packages.
- May participate in 24/7 duties if required.
- Maintain liaison with other CSU internal units
- May perform other relevant duties as required.
We are looking for a candidate with vocational training at a higher administrative level in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
At least 5 years’ experience within the area of Systems Administration of complex computer systems;
Experience and knowledge in the installation and maintenance of system software such as operating systems, data management products, office automation products and other utility software;
Experience with diagnosis of network problems and implementation of network changes and maintenance routines;
Knowledge of AirC2 systems.
Ability to take initiative and a flexible approach allowing you to respond reliably and competently to changing requirements in a demanding environment.
Excellent inter-personal skills, and the ability to be responsive and sensitive to both external and internal customers and staff.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
- Knowledge of ACCS
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language, and therefore a thorough knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is essential. Some knowledge of French is desirable.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices.
May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
- Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
- Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme.
- Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
- Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.